OFFERS INVITED - RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A COUNTRY HOTEL JUST SOUTH OF MARYBOROUGH
10 Main Street, Gundiah QLD 4650
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Just a 35-minute leisurely drive south-west of Maryborough, amongst predominantly grazing and native vegetation, sits the legendary Prince Alfred Hotel. With the original hotel built in 1868, later destroyed by fire, the existing pub, built in 1947 provides a rare but enviable opportunity for you to get to know the locals and contribute to the community as their local publican.
Affectionately known as the Gundy Pub, this 3.5 acre 2 freehold property, with a ten-year additional leasehold, 1,332m2 adjoining block of land, provides savvy buyers with exceptional long-term investment potential. Known as one of the friendliest places to stop on the Sunshine State's inland tourist trail, this opportunity presents unlimited earning potential, as a place to eat, stay and play in the heart of Gundiah.
With more than just a pub on offer, this property also includes a restaurant, beer garden, takeaway facilities, hotel rooms, cabins, caravan park and camping grounds. With a reputation for attracting locals, travellers and groups of visitors, longer-term additional income streams could include a convenience store, event facilities, new accommodations and/or outdoor activities for couples, groups, and families.
Offered as a revenue positive opportunity, with solid bookings already in place, this property supports those seeking a classic country lifestyle, together with all the benefits associated with owning an iconic, historical hotel and pub in north-west Queensland. Located 50km north-west of Gympie, 219km north of Brisbane, 70km south of Hervey Bay and just 39km south-west of Maryborough, the Gundy Pub is close enough to enjoy all of the conveniences of bigger city living, whilst also far enough away to support a more relaxed, laid-back lifestyle for those seeking a country escape or tree-change with potential.
The property comprises:
• Originally built in 1868 as the Prince Alfred Hotel, later rebuilt in 1947
• Hotel with licensed bar
• Restaurant including indoor dining and alfresco beer garden
• Accommodation 4 hotel rooms with shared bathroom
• Caravan Park with powered sites and amenities-including toilets and laundry facilities
• 7 x on-site caravans
• 6 x motel style self-contained cabins
• 15 x powered camping sites, plus 40 unpowered camping site
• Land area includes two titles
• Freehold-1.5485 Ha/3.830 Acres
• 1,335m2 leasehold block, currently leased by Queensland Rail
• Servicing a district with 3,000+ potential consumer catchment Kilkivan, Gootchie, Bauple, Paterson, Netherby.
• 2-minute drive or 1.4km to Gundiah State School
• 8-minute drive or 8.6km to the Bruce Highway, Bauple
• 11-minute drive or 13.9km to Tiaro Police Station
• 11-minute drive or 13.9km to Tiaro Post Office
• 28-minute drive or 40km to Woolworths Shopping Centre, Maryborough
• 30-minute drive or 42km to Maryborough Hospital
• 40-minute drive or 49.7km to Gympie
• 53-minute drive or 70km to Hervey Bay
• 2-hours, 37-minute drive or 219km to Brisbane CBD
Information Memorandum available on request
Location of item: 10 main street, gundiah, QLD, Australia
This item is being offered PICK UP ONLY. Local collection is available, if shipping is required, bidders are encouraged to organise their own freight.
LLOYDS GAZUMP-FREE AUCTIONS
Offers to purchase may be accepted prior to the Auction closing date.
We are Australia's trusted Auctioneers and Valuers. Our Real Estate Division offers a realistic Property Auction as if it was on-site, but from the comfort of your online device.
WE SELL IT ALL - RESIDENTIAL - COMMERCIAL - BUSINESSES - RURAL
SELL YOUR PROPERTY WITH LLOYDS AUCTIONS
1. Give us a call on 1800 976 166
2. Tell us about your property
3. Relax... we look after the rest!